GUESTS FOR TUESDAY JANUARY 24, 2017: The Return Of Teacher Tuesday!... And Healthcare Whistleblower Wendell Potter On The Future Of The ACA!... Excited to be bringing back our "Teacher Tuesday" segment!... Unfortunately, the topics today are school closings and the frightening choice of Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education!... She has ZERO public school experience!... How do YOU think that's going to play out?... Join The Conversation!
- Ivy Bailey, Interim President of the Detroit Federation of Teachers (DFT) Union, commenting on the recent decision to potentially close an additional 38 public schools, including 20 in the City of Detroit.
- Wendell Potter, author and health care system whistleblower after 20 years working as a CIGNA Executive. His book, "Deadly Spin: An Insurance Company Insider Speaks Out on How Corporate PR Is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans" (on Bloomsbury Press ) is an expose of health insurers and a "stark warning that corporate spin is distorting our democracy". Mr. Potter is a senior analyst at the The Center for Public Integrity and a senior fellow on health care for the Center for Media and Democracy. His new book is Nation On The Take: How Big Money Corrupts Our Democracy and What We Can Do About It.
- Aaron Rupar, Journalist with ThinkProgress.org!
- Mark Taylor-Canfield is a Seattle-based journalist whose work appears in: Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Capitol Hill Times, Truthout, Op-ed News, Oximity,Free Speech Radio News (Pacifica),Democracy Watch News.
- Robert Kraig, Executive Director, Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
And Listener Calls!