GUESTS FOR SUNDAY MARCH 12, 2017: The Jeff Santos Show Is Back! Now Live On Sundays From 1-4pm Eastern Time!... It's great to be back!... Wisconsin listeners can hear the Jeff Santos Show live (noon-3pm Central Time) on News Talk Radio AM 1510 Milwaukee/Waukesha!... Today On The Show...The Future Of Healthcare, Public Education & Military Engagement Under Trump!... We'll get the help from some of our favorite contributors in tackling these heady topics! ... And our look back at the political and social movements of the 1960s examines the Reverend Jesse Jackson's article, From Selma to Shelby: The assault on the Voting Rights Act. We'd love to hear from YOU!... Join The Conversation!
- Wendell Potter, author and health care system whistleblower after 20 years working as a CIGNA Executive. His book, "Deadly Spin: An Insurance Company Insider Speaks Out on How Corporate PR Is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans" (on Bloomsbury Press ) is an expose of health insurers and a "stark warning that corporate spin is distorting our democracy". Mr. Potter is a senior analyst at the The Center for Public Integrity and a senior fellow on health care for the Center for Media and Democracy. His new book is Nation On The Take: How Big Money Corrupts Our Democracy and What We Can Do About It.
- Lawrence J. Korb, Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress. He is also a senior advisor to the Center for Defense Information and an adjunct professor at Georgetown University. Prior to joining American Progress, he was a senior fellow and director of national security studies at the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Frank Watkins, Director of Public Policy for Rainbow Push, "a multi-racial, multi-issue, progressive, international membership organization fighting for social change."
- Frequent guest on the long-running Teacher Tuesday segment on the Jeff Santos Show, Melissa Tomlinson, a member of the Badass Teachers from New Jersey, who was famously yelled at in 2013 by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for asking him a question. We're talking about the future of Public Education in the Trump Era!
- Mark Taylor-Canfield is a Seattle-based journalist whose work appears in: Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Capitol Hill Times, Truthout, Op-ed News, Oximity,Free Speech Radio News (Pacifica),Democracy Watch News. Mark is a regular contributor to the Jeff Santos Show. Talking about the West Coast and the Bernie Revolution...
And Listener Calls!