GUESTS FOR SUNDAY April 9, 2017: Rep Barbara Lee On Syria! The Reverend Jesse Jackson! Our Revolution's Shannon Jackson! NHL Playoff Hockey With Kevin Paul Dupont!...Rewind America Looks Back At 1987!... Progressive Talk Radio from Boston!... Great show today!... We are lucky to have Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA) on the show for a second week in a row, to talk about the unauthorized strikes against Syria by the Trump Administration!... And The Reverend Jesse Jackson helps Herb and Jerry with the Rewind America look back at the year 1987!...The Jeff Santos Show is excited to be bringing Progressive Talk to Wisconsin radio listeners on News Talk Radio AM 1510 Milwaukee/Waukesha and a number of other new affiliates!... Listen LIVE online right here every Sunday and check out podcasts during the week!... We'd love to hear from YOU!... Join The Conversation!
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA), representing California's 13th District which includes the municipalities of Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda and San Leandro. Rep. Lee serves on the House Budget Committee, the Appropriations Committee and the House Steering and Policy Committee. Rep. Lee has been a leader in Congress in the areas of global peace and international cooperation and one of our most outspoken progressive members in the House! (She voted against the original Iraq War authorization.)
- Shannon Jackson, former Bernie Sanders driver and Executive Director of the political Sanders offshoot group, Our Revolution, talking about the issues from the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign that are being championed and carried forward in the continuing "revolution."
- Robert Kraig, Executive Director, Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
- Mark Taylor-Canfield is a Seattle-based journalist whose work appears in: Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Capitol Hill Times, Truthout, Op-ed News, Oximity,Free Speech Radio News (Pacifica),Democracy Watch News.
- the Reverend Jesse Jackson, life-long civil rights activist and former Democratic Candidate for President in 1988.
- Herb Boyd, journalist, educator, author, and activist based in New York. His articles appear regularly in the "New York Amsterdam News", and have won him three 1st-place awards from the New York Association of Black Journalists. He teaches black studies at the City College of New York and the College of New Rochelle.
- Jerry Austin, award-winning political consultant and Campaign Manager for the Rev. Jesse Jackson's 1988 Presidential Campaign. Part of the long-running Strategy Session on the Jeff Santos Show!.
And Listener Calls!