GUESTS FOR SUNDAY May 7, 2017: Racism In Sports, Especially In Boston!... Looking At The Adam Jones Fenway Park Incident!... And California Congresswoman Barbara Lee!... Progressive Talk!... Join The Conversation!
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA), representing California's 13th District which includes the municipalities of Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda and San Leandro. Rep. Lee serves on the House Budget Committee, the Appropriations Committee and the House Steering and Policy Committee. Rep. Lee has been a leader in Congress in the areas of global peace and international cooperation and one of our most outspoken progressive members in the House! (She voted against the original Iraq War authorization.)
- Robert Kraig, Executive Director, Citizen Action of Wisconsin, driving down to Washington D.C. with a van full of Wisconsinites for the founding Peoples Action Convention!
- Mark Taylor-Canfield is a Seattle-based journalist whose work appears in: Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Capitol Hill Times, Truthout, Op-ed News, Oximity,Free Speech Radio News (Pacifica),Democracy Watch News.
- Nick Cafardo, National baseball writer for The Boston Globe covering the Red Sox and MLB Baseball. He has written books on the New England Patriots and Atlanta Braves and is a correspondent for NESN.
- Dan Lebowitz, Executive Director of the Center for the Study of Sport in Society at Northeastern University in Boston.
- Herb Boyd, journalist, educator, author, and activist based in New York. His articles appear regularly in the "New York Amsterdam News", and have won him three 1st-place awards from the New York Association of Black Journalists. He teaches black studies at the City College of New York and the College of New Rochelle.
And Listener Calls!