Jeff's still taking care of business and enjoying the summer sun! While Jeff's away this week, we're playing our coverage from the recent Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia!... Look forward to talking with YOU soon! In the meantime, enjoy conversations with our contributors!
Jeff's On Vacation This Week! But We've Got Some Great Encore Broadcasts Monday-Friday 4-6pm ET All Week!
- Jerry Springer, TV host and former (Democratic) Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio!
- Wendell Potter, author and health care system whistleblower after 20 years working as a CIGNA Executive. His book, "Deadly Spin: An Insurance Company Insider Speaks Out on How Corporate PR Is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans" (on Bloomsbury Press ) is an expose of health insurers and a "stark warning that corporate spin is distorting our democracy". Mr. Potter is a senior analyst at the The Center for Public Integrity and a senior fellow on health care for the Center for Media and Democracy. His new book is Nation On The Take: How Big Money Corrupts Our Democracy and What We Can Do About It.
- Joe Williams, political reporter and blogger based in Washington, D.C. Joe has been a long time contributor to the Jeff Santos Show, appearing weekly in the past. He is a news editor with U.S. News & World Report!
- Earl Bender, President of Avenel Associates, political strategist at Totten Communications and regular contributor to the Jeff Santos Show. Earl gives us a look at the 2016 political horse race in his Off To The Races segment on Mondays!
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent for the Nation Magazine and co-author of the book Dollarocracy, How the Money and Media Election Complex is Destroying America. John joins the Jeff Santos Show every Monday. Check out his latest posts at the Nation HERE.
- Mark Taylor-Canfield is a Seattle-based journalist whose work appears in: Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Capitol Hill Times, Truthout, Op-ed News, Oximity,Free Speech Radio News (Pacifica),Democracy Watch News.
- Robert Kraig, Executive Director, Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
- Scott Paul, Founder and Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), working to make American manufacturing a top-of-mind issue for voters and our national leaders. [Previously Recorded]
- Ben Jealous, Former President of the NAACP.
- Deborah Berger, National Nurses United
- Rand Wilson, of the SEIU and " Labor For Bernie."
- Former Massachusetts Governor William Weld, the Libertarian Vice Presidential Candidate. Not sure who invited this former Republican, now Libertarian, to the Democratic Convention!
- Thomas Frank, an American journalist and historian, and author of the 2004 book, What's the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America.His latest book is called: LISTEN LIBERAL, or What Ever Happened To The Party Of The People?
- Ron Pollack, Founding Executive Director of Families USA, the national organization for health care consumers. Ron Pollack was in the courtroom today when the 6:3 decision to uphold the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was read! It was an emotional moment!
- AFT President Randi Weingarten
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA), representing California's 13th District which includes the municipalities of Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda and San Leandro. Rep. Lee serves on the House Budget Committee, the Appropriations Committee and the House Steering and Policy Committee. Rep. Lee has been a leader in Congress in the areas of global peace and international cooperation and one of our most outspoken progressive members in the House! (She voted against the original Iraq War authorization.)
- Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), representing the Illinois' 9th District since 1999. The 9th District covers all or part of the municipalities of Chicago, Des Plaines, Evanston, Glenview, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Mount Prospect, Niles, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, Wilmette and Winnetka and Arlington Heights.
- Herb Boyd, journalist, educator, author, and activist based in New York. His articles appear regularly in the "New York Amsterdam News", and have won him three 1st-place awards from the New York Association of Black Journalists. He teaches black studies at the City College of New York and the College of New Rochelle.
- Jerry Austin, award-winning political consultant and Campaign Manager for the Rev. Jesse Jackson's 1988 Presidential Campaign. Part of the long-running Strategy Session on the Jeff Santos Show!.
No Calls This Week!... Back Live Soon!